The Associate Director – Portfolio Management is a member of the Real-Estate team of MITIMCo. This person will report directly to the head of Portfolio Management and will collaborate and work closely with senior management as well as the operations, transactions, asset management and development teams.
The successful candidate will help build out the portfolio management framework to: develop portfolio strategy, identify and manage risk, structure business plans, synthesize information, create capitalization strategies, design and communicate short and long-term portfolio goals and objectives. This individual will be required to create high-impact deliverables to drive portfolio management decision making in addition to working on a wide variety of projects. This opportunity is instrumental in managing the growth of MITIMCo holdings and its goal of being a best in class owner/operator of some of the most sought after real estate globally.
The position will be responsible for managing asset level and portfolio level financial analyses. Responsibilities will include implementing and enhancing existing tools to provide portfolio level executive dashboard metrics that support decision making and risk management.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical, financial, business and communication skills. The individual must be self-motivated and thrive in a highly collaborative, team based, dynamic environment.
The portfolio encompasses more than 100 individual properties including office, laboratory, retail, residential, and ground lease assets across multiple pools of capital. The portfolio has a gross market value in excess of $2.5 billion, is capitalized with debt, equity and partnerships and is expected to grow significantly over the coming decade through an extensive development pipeline. The portfolio is located exclusively in Cambridge, MA and includes assets across the full life cycle spectrum including ground leases, vacant properties, operating assets, and large development projects. Similarly, tenants range from large credit tenants such as Pfizer, Novartis, Apple, and Facebook, to early and mid-stage life science, technology and energy firms.
• Assist in the development of a strategic plan for the portfolio including execution and capitalization strategies.
• Enhance portfolio management framework and analytical tools used for senior management reporting
• Develop portfolio level forecasting and scenario testing frameworks
• Standardize asset level underwriting and financial projections.
• Ability to develop risk scenarios for the portfolio based on capital, operational and market conditions
• Assist in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions when required
• Assist in other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in commercial real estate.
• Proficiency in Argus and other real estate related financial and modeling tools.
• Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university.
• Advanced degree in finance and/or real estate preferred.
• Ability to think strategically about the portfolio, its operations and the team that is executing the business plan.
• Ability to pro-actively recommend solutions when evaluating the portfolio analytics.
• Requires high level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience developing portfolio solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Focus on building standardized analytical tools and processes.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior investment staff.
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable information to other members of the MITIMCo team members.
• Ability to effectively present information both internally and outside of MITIMCo as required.
• Track record demonstrating sound investment judgement and independent thinking.
• Ability to think financially on both a micro and macro basis.
• Intimate knowledge of acquisition underwriting, on-going property valuations, debt obligations and the assumptions that affect each within an overall portfolio context.
General supervision from the Director of Real Estate.
Directly supervise Portfolio Analyst[s] and indirectly guide other junior staff on the Real Estate team as may be required.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.