MIT Investment Management Company (“MITIMCo”) is a department within MIT that manages over $18 billion for the Institute’s endowment, retirement plan and other pools of capital and approximately $2 billion in Cambridge real estate holdings on a gross value basis. MITIMCo’s Cambridge Real Estate Team is responsible for developing and maintaining a high profile, complex and dynamic real estate portfolio including the Kendall Square Initiative, a vibrant mixed-use district featuring six new buildings, three for research and development, two for housing, and one for retail and office space. These new buildings are in addition to the approximately 8 million square feet spread out over 100 different buildings.
The Real Estate Associate (Graphic Designer) will act as the subject expert in graphic design for MITIMCo, with the primary responsibility of developing print and presentation materials for the Cambridge Real Estate Team. The Associate will integrate design, strategy, and research in a variety of visual representation projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare graphics work by gathering information and materials from either internal sources (Cambridge Real Estate Team) or outside sources (clients sending graphic material) and generating multiple initial concepts for design solutions. This work could include presentations for external meetings (i.e. other MIT departments, City meetings, and other real estate companies) and real estate marketing materials describing planned projects.
• Develop creative ways to present material in a graphically pleasing and impactful manner.
• Conceptualize, plan, design and produce a wide range of graphic and illustrative materials
• Use various computer software applications to execute designs. Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are used frequently.
• Maintain geographic information system (GIS) maps and files for the department.
• Conduct research using internal resources and online tools; synthesize and analyze the data gathered.
• Work with our consultants where needed to coordinate design efforts, make suggestions for edits, and obtain and file all visual collateral they produce.
• Work closely with management, frequently under aggressive deadlines.
• Help other staff on the team in their use of graphics software.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in graphic design or equivalent combination of education and design experience. Prefer experience working in real estate, architecture, or related field.
• Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Excel and Word. The ability to develop sophisticated PowerPoint presentations is required. Experience with Prezi, Tableau, and other presentation and analysis software is a plus.
• Demonstrated skill and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and ArcGIS is preferred but not required.
• Experience with HTML/CSS and website editing using WordPress, Drupal, and other web design software is a plus.
• Capability and willingness to learn new computer skills or applications. Must take the initiative to improve the understanding of any tools, mechanisms or processes that will enhance the organization.
• Proactive and willing to suggest improvements and refinements to enhance the overall effectiveness of the team. Follow-through on suggestions.
• Organizational ability to track files and progress associated with projects and maintain department’s digital archive.
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible to shift between projects as new priorities emerge.
• Must be able to execute assignments quickly, in an organized manner, and with high attention to detail.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and feel comfortable working through an iterative process.
• Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, includes strong writing skills.
• Ability to resolve complex problems in a thorough and timely manner, determining the appropriate course of action with minimal supervision.
• Comfortable interacting with high-level executives. Able to deal with confidential information and issues using discretion and judgment.
• Will report to the Director, Real Estate.
• Ability to work independently is required.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.