The Analyst will primarily be responsible for the accounting and finance-related responsibilities with respect to MITIMCo’s real estate portfolio. The portfolio, located exclusively in Cambridge, encompasses more than 100 individual properties including office, laboratory, retail, residential, and ground lease assets across multiple pools of capital along with large-scale development projects. The Analyst will also share responsibilities with other members of the A&F team over MITIMCo’s external fund investing platform. The external fund investing platform consists of interests in such vehicles as hedge and private equity funds. The Analyst will help design, execute, and implement creative solutions for assigned projects related to MITIMCo’s financial reporting, accounting, and tax requirements. The Analyst will demonstrate strong communication and writing skills, the ability to prioritize his/her own work, meet tight deadlines, work under pressure, be attentive to detail, and adjust easily to shifting priorities.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee all day-to-day accounting & finance-related activities of MITIMCo’s outsourced property manager, including lease terms such as TI, rent escalation, and condo sharing. Serve as principal point-person in this relationship.
• Work closely with all functions within MITIMCo’s real estate team, including asset management, transactions, and development.
• Maintain the integrity of MITIMCo’s real estate-related subledgers, including Yardi as well as a development cost tracking software package, to ensure that activity is posted properly to MITIMCO’s intermediate data warehouse and ultimately its third-party administrator’s records.
• Facilitate payments to vendors for development-related activities.
• Participate in fulfilling the A&F teams’ responsibilities with respect to MITIMCO’s external fund investing platform which includes funds with exposure to both marketable and private investments.
• Play a lead role in the annual third-party appraisal process.
• Support the A&F team by providing coverage and assistance with ongoing operations as well as both tactical and strategic initiatives already underway.
• Work collaboratively with fellow members of the A&F team to develop policies and improve accounting practices.
• Participate in MIT’s year-end audit.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar discipline
• ~6-10 years’ accounting experience, specifically within real estate
• Advanced Excel and familiarity with data manipulation tools
• Experience with Yardi a plus
• Evidence of strong data analysis, research, and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with investment management and financial statements a plus
• Keen judgment
• Advanced problem solving skill to resolve ambiguous, complex, and multi-variable problems
• Ability to communicate effectively through all levels of the organization
• Will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting & Finance.
• Ability to work independently is required.
How do you apply?
Apply through MITs online job bank via the following link:
http://jobs.mit.edu/external and enter Keyword MITIMCo
Please note that MIT does not provide visa sponsorship for technical, administrative, or library full-time or part-time regular positions. Additionally, MIT does not provide visa sponsorship to recent graduates and practicing professionals for internship training, practical experiences, or other non-teaching, non-research affiliations.