The Investment team supports MITIMCo’s mission by sourcing, executing and managing investments in accordance with our Investment Principles. We accomplish our goals by:
- Supporting our active managers by being great partners
- Traveling globally to identify exceptional people and investment opportunities
- Conducting market and investment strategy research across all geographies and asset classes
- Allocating capital on a bottom-up basis
The Operations team supports MITIMCo’s mission by managing MIT's financial resources responsibly with dedication to the highest quality service. We accomplish our goals by:
- Preserving the integrity of the financial reporting and accounting records
- Acting as a reliable information resource providing data, reports and analysis on a timely basis
- Maintaining positive relationships and promoting strong communication with our internal associates, external service providers and investment affiliates
- Building the infrastructure to manage and anticipate the operational requirements for new investments
- Continually evaluating and increasing the efficiency of the operational processes and procedures of our organization
Trusts, Estates and Non-Cash Gifts Team
As part of the broader Operations team, the Trusts, Estates and Non-Cash Gifts team specializes in the administration of planned and illiquid gifts made to the Institute. Our activities fall into three areas:
- Trust Administration. When MIT serves as trustee of a charitable trust, we work in partnership with third-party service providers and MITIMCo’s investment professionals to provide investment management and reporting, beneficiary payment processing, record keeping and accounting, and federal and state tax filing services. These services extend to other gifts that provide life income to donors, including gift annuities and pooled income funds.
- Estate and Trust Settlement. Our trust and estate settlement specialist works with executors and corporate trustees in the settlement of MIT’s interest in estates and trusts.
- Non-Cash/Illiquid Gift Administration. This includes the receipt, administration, and monetization of gifts such as real estate, closely-held stock, and other illiquid assets.
To contact the Trusts, Estates and Non-Cash Gifts team directly, please e-mail us at TEN@mitimco.org